- Hoover (2 perf., NYC, 2002) - music-theatre piece for lyric soprano, tenor, baritone and piano, created with Rachel Sheinkin, performed by the Raw Impressions Music Theatre at The Club at La Mama E.T.C.
- Brandt (4 perf., Vermont, Oslo, London, 2003, 2001) - scena for a cappella voice, microphone, desk and chair, excerpt ("work-in-progress") performed by the composer at the Jerwood Space and Royal Festival Hall (London), to open presentations at NewOp10, Norsk Kulturrad Auditorium (Oslo), and broadcast on Kalvos & Damian's New Music Bazaar (
- NewOp Doo Wop (5 perf., Vermont, Vienna, Oslo, Brussels, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000) - song for a cappella voice, performed by the composer at Brussels 2000 - Centrum and De Karavaan to open presentations at NewOp9, Norsk Kulturrad Auditorium to open presentations at NewOp10, Broadway Bar (Vienna) at request of Eric Salzman during NewOp11 party, and performed live in the radio studio during Kalvos & Damian's New Music Bazaar (01:15:40).
- Alamo! (2 perf., NYC, Paris, 1998) - scena for a cappella voice and Bible (King James version), performed by the composer in Washington Square Park (NYC) and Atelier de la Main d'Or (Paris).
- Alamo! (8 perf., Vermont, London, Montreal, Cambridge, NYC, Toronto, 2003, 2001, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1995) - scena for a cappella voice and Bible (King James version), excerpt ("The Short Version") performed by the composer at The Music Gallery (Toronto), The Kraine Theatre and Theatre 22 (NYC), St John's College (Cambridge), Place des Arts and Musee d'art contemporain de Montreal (Montreal), ENO Studio (London), and broadcast on Kalvos & Damian's New Music Bazaar (01:02:45).
- Typhoid Mary (7 perf., Vermont, NYC, 2003, 1988) - One-act theatre-dance piece, collaboration w/Peg Hill & Bicycle Shop Dancers, scored for alto voice (in German) and piano, recorded by Kathy Barr and Blake Rowe, premiered at Nikolais/Louis Choreospace, excerpts broadcast on Kalvos & Damian's New Music Bazaar (01:23:28).
- Love and Idols (2 perf., Queens, 1984) - Reading of first-draft of one-act opera by composer, adapted from dramatic poem by Matthew Paris, performed by composer and Eve Roshevsky at composer's apartment.
- Incidental Music (9 perf., NYC, 1983) - "Fornication Makes the World Go Round" for "Anterooms" by Brett Somers, for piano, recorded by the composer, premiered at Courtyard Playhouse (Off-Off Broadway).
- Peter Had A Plan (1 perf., NYC, 1983) - Theatre song for five voices and piano, performed by members of the Studio Company, the composer at the piano, for "Peter Cooper Centennial" at Cooper Union Great Hall.
- Butterfly Dream (2 perf., NYC, 1981, 1983) - Two-act Ballet for 17-piece orchestra commissioned and recorded by Liliana Belfiore Dance Co. orchestra, Jay Blumenthal, conducting, premiered at Cooper Union Great Hall, selection broadcast on WBAI-FM radio by Jim Theobald.
- Incidental Music (10 perf., Boston, 1979) - Piano scores for "The Good Doctor" and "Twelfth Night" recorded and performed at Emerson College.
- Jabberwocky (2 perf., Boston, 1978) - Arrangement for "Looking Glass!" at Harvard University.
- Working All Day (2 perf., Boston, 1977) - Theatre song for "Fast Food" (one-act play by composer), performed by Leo Simard of New Directions Production Co. at Emerson College.
- After (1 perf., Vermont, 2003) - first song from September 11 Songs performed a cappella live in the radio studio during Kalvos & Damian's New Music Bazaar (01:50:55).
- Amidah (2 perf., Vermont, NYC, 2003, 1994) - for SATB chorus, performed by solo quartet at private wedding, and broadcast on Kalvos & Damian's New Music Bazaar (00:58:25).
- Yisroayl B'Mitzroyim (Israel in Egypt) (1 perf., NYC, 1999) - Oratorio in Hebrew for chorus and soloists, reading by Gregg Smith Singers, Gregg Smith, conducting, at The Interchurch Center.
- We're Talking Gary (1 perf., NYC, 1998) - for voice and piano, performed by the composer at the Broadway Grille.
- Sleep (1 perf., NYC, 1997) - for a cappella voice, performed by the composer at PS 122.
- Love Poems from the Sanskrit (2 perf., Vermont, NYC 2003, 1994) - song cycle for a cappella baritone, performed by Greg Purnhagen at private wedding, broadcast on Kalvis & Damian's New Music Bazaar (00:32:00).
- Song of Songs (1 perf., NYC, 1994) - for a cappella soprano, performed by Cynthia Richards Wallace at private wedding.
- How Do I Love Thee? (1 perf., NYC, 1994) - for alto and tenor, performed by Jennifer Lane and James Bassi at private wedding.
- Prelude a l'apres-midi Noces (1 perf., NYC, 1994) - for SATB solo quartet, performed at private wedding.
- Anima and When My Sister Plays the Cello (1 perf., NYC, 1990) - for alto and cello, performed at book party by Elizabeth Thorne, alto.
- Love Poems from the Hebrew (1 perf., NYC, 1987) - Commissioned song cycle for soprano and piano, premiered by Eve Drogin and Nicholas Underhill at Josquin Cage concert at Greenwich House Hayden Auditorium.
- Bloom at Forty (2 perf., NYC, 1987, 2001) - for voice and piano, performed by Eve Drogin, the composer at the piano, and by the composer, assisted by Gary Kauffman at the piano, at private birthday parties.
- The Clean Platter (1 perf., NYC, 1983) - Ogden Nash setting for chorus, string quartet and piano, performed by Occasional Singers, Gil Robbins, conducting, at Third Street Music Settlement.
- Choral music (2 perf., NYC, 1981) - Open readings of two choral works, "Fugitive Configurations" and "To A Lady Passing Time Better Left Unpassed" by Occasional Singers, Gil Robbins, conducting, at St. Joseph's Church.
- Shma (1 perf., Boston, 1978) - Religious piece in English and Hebrew for tenor, chorus and organ, premiered by Emerson College Chamber Singers, Christo Tsiaras, tenor, Scott Wheeler, conducting, at First & Second Church.
- J.J. Comes to Cooper (1 perf., NYC, 1989) - Oboe Sonatina commissioned for inaugural of President of The Cooper Union, for oboe and piano, premiered by Arianna Kalian and Gretchen Saathoff at Cooper Union Great Hall.
- Eine Kleine Yiddische Musik (1 perf., NYC, 1986) - for string quintet, performed by String Fever at private wedding.
- Chamber music (2 perf., NYC & NJ, 1983) - "Perceptions for Electric Keyboard" performed by composer, "Duet for Flute and Trombone" performed by Kathy Rodgers and Rick Summers.
- Chamber music (1 perf., NYC, 1982) - "the little concerto for amateur ensemble" written for and performed by Cooper Union Pro Musica, with Christopher Asmussen, piano, the composer conducting from the harpsichord, at Cooper Union Great Hall.
- Piano Variations (1 perf., LI, 1980) - performed by the composer at LICA concert in Coe Hall, Planting Fields Arboretum, Oyster Bay.
Back to Music Resume
Back to home page
This page © 1999-2009 firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated: May 24, 2007