Barry Drogin, Drogin Consulting - 720 Greenwich St #5T NY, NY 10014 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-Destructive Testing and Evaluation - SUPERSTRUCTURES
Director, Field Testing, In-House Training,
NDT&E Quality Management System, R&D Lab
Homeland Security - TBTA
Virtual Traffic Management Center
Military - NAVAIR
Experimental shock absorber
Aviation - RAYTHEON Beechcraft
Rear stabilizer de-icing system
Banking - Chemical Bank
Touchscreen Banking Machine
Medical - Sienna Biotech
Multi-assay flow cytometer
Dental - PERSPECTIVE
Most Successful Product Launch
in the history of Dentsply International
Telecommunications - TBTA
Teaching - TCI
Experience Doing what's Never been Done before.
Barry Drogin is a diversely talented and experienced NYC-based Project/Product Professional.
- Manage projects and products; supervise local offices, start-ups, and national teams.
- Design and build prototypes; provide systems and value engineering services.
- Write proposals and procedures; create technical and contractual documents.
- Train and lead workshops; teach practical lessons learned in numerous areas of expertise.
- Evaluated bids and negotiated and managed Intelligent Transportation Systems contracts worth over $25M.
- Quick learner, comfortable with public speaking, computers, team leadership and creative out-of-the-box brainstorming.
- Experience in government, academia, manufacturing, construction, and transportation.
- Experience on civil engineering projects, medical and dental products, and aviation and banking products, too.
- Proficient with CADD, PM, math and office software.
- Can work on several contracts simultaneously as an independent consultant.
- Bachelors and Masters degrees in Engineering from The Cooper Union on full-tuition scholarships.
- One of two national Tau Beta Pi Laureate award winners for his diverse achievements in music and journalism.
- A generalist, a renaissance man, a communicator, a professional, and an advocate.
- In six recent independent reactions from six separate company presidents and vice presidents, Barry Drogin's resume was referred to as "impressive."
Sample Writings/Interviews on important engineering topics
Notes and Links
- My resume can be downloaded on-line - there is no need to call or write to me asking for my resume. I may consider such a request as spam.
- I am a member of RILEM Technical Committee 216-SAM and ACI Technical Committee 228.
- I'm active in Ryze, GISMO, and the ITE Traffic Incident Management Leadership Committee.
I was active on the
Electronic National Dialogue on Transportation Operations and recently served on the
EPAD Transportation Working Group, both now dormant. For years I was an ex officio member of the superceded AASHTO Highway Subcommittee on Advanced Transportation Systems.
- I attend these trade shows: Interop New York, Maritime Security Expo, and Medical Design & Manufacturing (MD&M) East, as well as New York conventions of the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP), the Audio Engineering Society (AES), and the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB). I attended CeBit America, TechXNY and C3Expo, and Electro before it moved to Boston.
- On my regular reading list: Desktop Engineering, Communications News, Security Technology & Design, Homeland Defense Journal, U.S. Tech, Electronic Design, Network Computing, ITS International, Television Broadcast, Government Video.
- On-line, I receive, read and post to the Transportation Communications Newsletter,
Taub Urban Research Center's CATCOMM and Urban Technology & Telecommunications Digests,
NTOC's ITS Technology Forum and Talking Operations Forum Digests,
GISMONYC's Digest, DomPrep.com's iNewsletter, the Homeland Security Training Network's Homeland Responder Video Briefs, and Sam Schwartz LLC's TransCentral newsletter.
- If you are a friend or close colleague, please click here. You may also click here if you want to know how the kids are.
- I can work from my home office (or your office) in Manhattan, use public transportation to on-site work in Queens (esp. 11101) and Brooklyn (esp. 11201) and limited locales near PATH stops (esp. 07310), and rent a car on an as-needed basis.
Thank you for your understanding.
- I can "tele-commute" anywhere in the US or the world.
- Please do not approach me for "full-time" on-site work outside of Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, or PATH (not NJ Transit train or bus) Northeastern NJ locations!
- Please do not approach me for work that requires too much travel.
- At MTA, my entire division was moved from the Engineering & Construction Department to the Information Technology Department.
- I am a communications engineer and I am current in the field, but do not have any IT, broadcast or telecommunications certifications.
- Although I have an EIT, I have decided to not obtain my PE license.
- I have also decided to not obtain PMI certification, although I am thoroughly familiar with PMBOK.
- Any bar on my participating in MTA Bridges & Tunnels (TBTA) projects has expired.
- I have recently worked on MTA Long Island Bus and NYSDOT projects.
- I work at the client, systems, project, contract and manager level.
- Okay, I'll draw electrical schematics and write program code, too!
- I will segment my hourly rate if appropriate.
- Wow, are you still reading? Get off this page, click on something else! Or respond below!
Send e-mail to email@example.com (I will not respond to telephone calls).
Send snail mail to Barry Drogin at 720 Greenwich Street #5T, NY, NY 10014 USA
This page © 2003-2008 Barry Drogin
Last Updated: June 26, 2009
(My apologies, Google will not include meta tag content. You will find information on the following keywords on pages that this page links directly to: engineer, director, Bridges & Tunnels, ATM IDEAS, Long Island Bus, LI Bus, Long Island Bus, Longi Engineering, FFF Engineering Design, Odilo Vazquez, Cox, Dentsply, Union Biometrica, Technical Career Institutes, ASD, Advanced Systems Development, RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-160, MIL-HDBK-217, FMECA, MIL-STD-275, NTSC, RGB, video, television, camera, CCTV, schematic, PCB, Failure Mode and Effects, FMECA, Criticality Analysis, maintainability, reliability, FAA, compliance, conformity, subway, bus, traffic, ultrasonic scaler, COPAS, UL-544, CSA 22.2, VDE 0750, VDE 0871, IEC 601.1, prototype, ITS, MPT, patent, ATMS, E-ZPass, emergency management, incident management, fiber, NYSDOT, NYCDOT, DoITT, NYC Transit, Metro North, ITE, AASHTO, TRB, CSI, ISO 9001, SCADA, Ethernet, LAN, MAN, fiber optic, digital video recorder, DVR, motion detector, card access, intercom, TMC, TOC, AutoCAD, MicroStation, MicroSoft, Primavera, Suretrak, GIS, CAD, CAE, PTZ, training, professor, contractor, budget, specification, RFP, E2-C, bdrogin, droginconsult)